There are many e-learning blogs out there, but these are a few of my favorites. I didn't use any scientific process to arrive at them (i.e. site traffic, analytics, etc.), other than I regularly get very useful and immediately practical tips and tricks from these blogs. Additionally, they aren't the only industry blogs that I read or have an affinity for. Simply stated, I gravitate towards these due to their usefulness for me and my work.
1. ASTD's Learning Technologies Blog- Formerly the Learning Circuits blog, this excellent resource is now housed by ASTD- The world's largest professional association dedicated to the training and development field.
2. The Rapid E-learning Blog- Practical, real world tips for e-learning success.
3. Rapid eLearning | Adobe Captivate Blog- Conversations on Captivate, Presenter and eLearning.
4. Cammy Bean's Learning Visions- Musings on eLearning and instructional design from Kineo's VP of Learning Design.
5. E-learning Queen- E-Learning Queen focuses on distance training and education, from instructional design to e-learning and mobile solutions, and pays attention to psychological, social, and cultural factors.
6. eLearning Technology- Tony Karrer's eLearning Blog on e-Learning Trends eLearning 2.0 Personal Learning Informal Learning eLearning Design Authoring Tools Rapid e-Learning Tools Blended e-Learning e-Learning Tools Learning Management Systems (LMS) e-Learning ROI and Metrics.
How about you, what are some of your favorite e-learning blogs? I'd love to know where you get good tips and tricks for your work.
- Alex Santos
Alex is a co-founder and Managing Member of Collabor8 Learning, LLC, an instructional design and performance management consultancy. His firm collaborates with organizations to enhance the way they develop and train their people. To learn more about Collabor8 Learning, click here.